Wednesday 26 March 2008

Errrrrrrr! It's back on our screens again!

Is it wrong to think that the candidates on this year's Apprentice aren't as good as those last year? Or am I slightly biased?

Having just watched the first episode I was again filled with fear and anticipation but thankfully I'm in the position this year where my actions aren't being publicly scrutinised. I can now confidently shout at the TV safe in the knowledge that I could do better - well, at least until week 10!

There's been a lot in the press about some of the candidates purely being there for entertainment value or controversy; whether they are or not Raef has already wound me up and I'd be happy if Sara didn't feature in the rest of the series!

However, there are still a couple of quietly competent candidates and my money is on Claire right now. Willing to lead from the start, she's played a clever game; Sir Alan will leave her alone for a bit and the others will have a level of respect for her for leading them to victory in the first task. Thankfully she seems normal as well.

Simon is also one to watch.

As for the de Lacy boy in the Raybans... I imagine he'll be cringing about his performance for at least the rest of 2008.

PS: For anyone interested in the inside story, interesting how, according to the editing, they all only met in the Board Room at the start of the day yet when the girls were discussing the boys at dinner they seemed to know all of their names, despite having worked separately all day.

1 comment:

tbditw said...

I see from elsewhere that you are running the London Marathon on the 13th April. How do you mange to train for something like this, hold down a high powered job and make guest appearances on TV?